by Emma-Louise O’Neill
The limited edition capsule collection
Inspired by the artistic movement called Shanghai style, the collection oozes with the style and sophistication of the 1920s-40s Shanghai. The collection sheds light to the exciting characters that formed the exuberant city. A city with a cosmopolitan outlook that retained its proudly Chinese aesthetic and flavour.
The clutches are a series of first edition book covers hand embroidered in Olympia Le Tan Parisian atelier. Each bag takes up to 300 hours to complete. The clutches produced in limited editions are hand numbered, each one representing elegance, quality, craftsmanship, creativity and exclusivity – Wendy Yu Chinese New Year collaboration will be limited to 16 of each style.
- Vintage Illustration by George Wolfe Plank 1923 Book Clutch The Dragon – £1395 The Dragon Strapped – £1540
- The Great Love by Artist Qian Juntao 1920 Book Clutch The Great Love – £890 The Great Love Strapped – £1040
- White Rabbit Creamy Candy Re-branded as OLT Rabbit Book Clutch The OLT Rabbit – £1080
- Chinese Fairy Book by Dr. R. Wilhelm 1921 Book Clutch Chinese Fairy Book – £1215 Chinese Fairy Book Strapped – £1360
- Vintage Chinese Matchbox featuring a Phoenix Book Clutch Phoenix £1225
On Sale at Net-A-Porter and The Shop at Bluebird LONDONb