UK time 30/11/2023 14:30 – 30/11/2023 16:30
Venue: CBBC London
Venue address: Kings Buildings, 16 Smith Square, London, SW1P 3HQ
Get ready to immerse your business in the vibrant celebration of Chinese New Year and make the most of the significant spending power of Chinese consumers around this special time for gifting and personal treats!
This is your exclusive opportunity to position your business in front of the large cohort of Chinese tourists who flock to the UK during Chinese New Year. Hainan Airlines serves as your gateway to this international market, with inbound flights bringing passengers eager to explore and shop. From mass market consumers to private jet VIPs, your brand can benefit from the exposure to the customised packages.
You will be able to:
- Discover why Chinese New Year is the ideal occasion for UK brands and retailers to connect with Chinese consumers and learn how forging partnerships with Hainan Airlines can elevate your brand’s visibility and boost sales.
- Explore the nuances of Chinese New Year shopping trends and how you can plan to cater to the desires of Chinese visitors. With practical insights on tailored customer service, or special editions of new products, you’ll be well-prepared to captalise on this exceptional opportunity.
- Network with industry experts and fellow brands and retailers for collaborative opportunities that can further enhance your brand’s exposure and increase sales.
Don’t miss this chance to celebrate Chinese New Year in style and transform your business’s appeal to Chinese tourists!
- 14.30: Arrival and refreshments
- 14.45: Presentation by Hainan Airlines
- 14.55: Presentation by Luxe Life (authorised agent of Hainan Airlines for international brands media, advertising sales and publishing) on the sales generation opportunities of advertising with Hainan Airlines
- 15.15: Presentation by digital marketing agency Qumin on why Chinese New Year is culturally and commercially the best time to engage with Chinese consumers, and how to prepare your campaign
- 15.30: Open discussion
- 16.00: Networking
- 16.30: Finish
Tickets: Free (CBBC members)
Celine Tang – Retail & e-Commerce Sector Lead, CBBC
Celine Tang has been based in the UK for the last 4 years and for most of this time she has been working as a freelance Consumer Consultant across the Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle, Food and Drink sectors.
Between 2013 – 2017, Celine worked in the New Zealand Consulate General in Shanghai, prior to which she gained an MSc in Social Anthropology from the London School of Economics.
Peter Han (韩志) – General Manager, Hainan Airlines UK
Peter’s current position is General manager of Hainan airlines in UK. His other work experience included being General manager of Hainan airlines in Benelux, Deputy Manager of Interline & alliance. He has certificates from IATA on senior pricing, and interline proportion. He is familar with the market between China and Europe, the UK, and Africa.
Alexander Graham – Global Brand Director, LUXE LIFE
LSE BSc Politics and International Relations. China Retail Marketing Specialist – connectivity, destination promotion, Chinese language magazine and , KPI marketing solutions. Lucky to have a great team, engaged Chinese audience and ambitious international partners. China is a big prize for most luxury players. We help our partners achieve a return on investment since pre-covid, during covid and now as China and its people reconnect with the World. Some have a small budget for specific dates and others have larger budgets to support their China goals.
Arnold Ma – Founder, Qumin
Arnold Ma is a speaker, a writer, a podcast host, and the founder of Qumin (Dao Insights, ETCH), a Chinese media and entertainment group based in London and Shanghai. He is passionate about Chinese people and cultures with a geeky obsession over all things digital. He has spoken at SXSW, lectured at LSE, Warwick, Peking University, and featured in the FT, WSJ, Fortune Magazine, among others.