MICHELIN-STARRED CHEF JEAN-GEORGES VONGERICHTEN TO HOST CINCO DE MAYO FIESTA AT ONE&ONLY PALMILLA
Gourmands and sun-seekers alike can enjoy a culinary-inspired Cinco de Mayo weekend with Michelin-starred chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten at the legendary One&OnlyPalmilla res
ort in Los Cabos, Mexico, from Friday, 4 May to Sunday, 6 May.
Located on Mexico’s Baja Peninsula, One&Only Palmilla offers sweeping views of the Sea of Cortez and some of the most memorable experiences in Mexico. With unrivalled dining in Los Cabos, the resort has variety of exceptional restaurants including SEARED, providing the freshest seafood and finest cuts of steak, and fresh sushi and ceviches at SUVICHE, both in collaboration with Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. In addition, Agua by Larbi serves an authentic menu of seasonally-driven Mexican farm-to-table cuisine in a spectacular al fresco location on the water’s edge. Guests can indulge in bespoke wellness experiences including the newly-introduced Temazcal, and a wide array of water activities and surfing experiences a tone of the few swimmable beaches in Los Cabos.
Led by Chef Jean-Georges, alongside Executive Chef Larbi Dahrouch and Chef Stuart Roger, the weekend begins on Friday, 4 May with a guided tour of Los Tamarindos, an organic local farm which will provide indigenous herbs and vegetables for the hands-on cooking class to follow. The farm’s bounty will perfectly pair with fresh-locally caught seafood from the Sea of Cortez for an authentic Cinco de Mayo lunch. The following evening, Chef Jean-Georges will serve a personally crafted dinner with tailored wine pairings at SEARED.
Agua by Larbi, a restaurant that commands one of the resort’s most enviable seaside locations, will be serving a Mexican a la carte menu with tequila pairing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, while wine-lovers can partake in a “Meet the Wine Maker” experience with California cult winery Sine Qua Non.
“We are thrilled to be welcoming Chef Jean-Georges to One&Only Palmilla to curate an exceptional culinary-inspired Cinco de Mayo fiesta,” said Robert Logan, General Manager, One&Only Palmilla. “We are embracing the best of Mexico with the finest local ingredients and gourmet experiences to offer our guests a celebratory weekend to remember.”
Guests can join Chef Jean-Georges at One&Only Palmilla with a special three-night Cinco de Mayo offer starting at US $2,805* including:
· Three-night stay for two guests in a Premier Ocean Front Room, overlooking the azure waters
· Wine dinner artfully prepared by Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten at SEARED
· Guided farm tour and hands-on cooking class with Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten
· Daily breakfast
· Upgrade to next room category (subject to availability at time of reservation, and only available from a Premier Ocean Front Room to a Junior Suite)
· Priority reservations for the Mexican-themed dinner at Agua by Larbi (a la carte pricing will apply)
· Priority access to the Meet the Winemaker event (Additional charge of $95 per guest)
Guests can book to take part in the individual culinary experiences taking place during Cinco de Mayo weekend at the following prices:
· Tour of Los Tamarindos with Cooking Class and Lunch with Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten – $120 per person
· Meet with Winemaker with Sie Qua Non Wines – $95 per person
· Wine dinner with Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten at SEARED – $190 person
For more information and reservations, please visit oneandonlyresorts.com